Secondhand Sugar is a Problem for Our Children
Secondhand Sugar is a Problem for Our Children. It is causing new health problems that affect their physical, mental and emotional health. They unknowingly consume these sugars. It is best to educate yourself and therefore take responsibility for your families health.
The Struggle to Maintain a Healthy Body Begins Before You are Born
Our children suffer from too much sugar even, even before they are born. Medications, nicotine, secondhand smoke and sugar all cross the placenta to the unborn child.
Secondhand Sugar is Like Secondhand Smoke
- The secondhand sugar disrupts healthy growth and development. It also poses a risk for obesity.
- The struggle begins with the fetus and then breastfeeding. If a mother drinks sweetened fruit juice–the baby does too.
- A study from the CDCP.* If a sugary drink is consumed two or three times a week at 10 to 12 months of age, the child has twice the risk of becoming obese.
Children and Babies Can’t Decide for Themselves
Children are too young to make informed eating choices. Aggressive marketing and parental misunderstanding place taste sensations above nutrition. Too often the child is not actually hungry. However, the parent wants the child to eat.
School Lunch Programs Are a Problem
- Kids are trapped in school lunch programs.
- The child doesn’t really want “that food” so it must be sweetened in the hope for acceptance.
Artificial Sweeteners are New Problem
Certain types of sugar, especially artificial sweeteners, are especially damaging during critical periods of growth. Fructose added to beverages can cause cognitive impairments when consumed during adolescent growth periods.
Artificial sweeteners in diet soda consumed during pregnancy often double the risk of the child becoming overweight. According to nutritionist it is best to avoid these artificial sweeteners.
As a final Insult Sugar is added to infant formula
Derived from The Washington Post, via, Pittsburgh Post, P, D1, 2/5/17
*Center for Disease Control and Prevention
|Tags: active, Fitness, health, health tips, healthy old goat, proper nutrition, Secondhand smoke||jerry|