Black beans are what I eat for health and energy. Eating black beans helps keep me going, and it can help you too. If you are on a stressful job or have a big day planned, then I say try this much over looked resource. This wonderful food will carry you through the battles of this day—and night.
Black Beans & Why I Like Them
This hearty vegetable has fantastic benefits.
- A good source of carbohydrates for body builders. They don’t have the fat-building potential of cereal grains and dairy products.
- They’re a cheap and nutritious food. They may be eaten out of the can as a snack food. I sleep well when I eat them for an evening snack.
- Easily digested and loaded with protein, fiber, and disease fighting antioxidants.
- May help protect against heart disease, weight gain and certain cancers.
- Makes a complete meal, and if a few onions are included they help keep unwanted company at a respectable distance.
- Their high nutrient content makes them a good choice for snacks, picnics and lunches.
- They travel well and don’t need refrigerated.
- These guys will help build energy and vitality.
- A few spoon-fulls will satisfy the appetite quicker than candies, cookies or a sweetened drink. I even found a recipe for black bean brownies.
Recipe For Beans And Onions
- One pound of dried beans
- One large onion
- A half teaspoon of salt
- A quarter spoonful of black pepper
Dried black beans are readily available in most supermarkets.
Preparation of dried beans:
- Wash and look carefully for any stones. Soak them overnight and rinse them.
- Almost any pan will do for cooking.
- Cover them with ample water and bring to a low boil.
- Add some onions and salt and pepper.
- Simmer them for several hours.
- Don’t let them cook into a mush unless you are making sandwiches.
This will make about 6 to 8 meals.
These will keep for a week in the refrigerator.
|Tags: healthy snacks||jerry|