The Old Goat’s Sautéed Cabbage makes a great boost for my immune system. I decided years ago that I wanted to stay healthy and avoid vitamin pills and supplements. Also, I wanted to keep the doctors away.
Cabbage for health and happiness.
The cabbage family came to my rescue.
- This vegetable family became my favorite medicine.
- The cabbage family includes spinach, broccoli, savoy, cauliflower and a host of different colored cabbages.
- These delicious foods can be steamed, sautéed, fried, fermented into sauerkraut or roasted.
- As well as, they can just be apprehended and eaten raw.
If you don’t want to take a multi-vitamin, eat cabbage.
The Old Goat’s Sautéed Cabbage will help you to stay healthy
- Help lower blood cholesterol
- A source of many essential nutriments.
- Loaded with iron and will help build red blood cells.
- Especially, helps with bowel movement.
- Helps prevent cancer.
- Assists in healing ulcers.
- Can heal stomach and intestinal damage.
- As well as, it should be a part of any diet.
The Old Goat’s Sautéed Cabbage is a source of many essential nutriments.
Take about two pounds of cabbage.
That is one small head; quarter it and remove most of the core.
- Now slice it into nice slices about ¼ inch thick, recut these crosswise and they are ready for cooking.
- Now get a nice skillet of pan with a good fitting lid. Put in an ounce of olive oil or coconut oil. The quality of the oil is important to good taste.
- Heat the pan and oil. Never overheat. If you see smoke, get rid of that oil as it has been ruined.
- Place the cabbage in and stir it around for a long moment. This is to make sure it is not burning.
- Add a table spoon or two of caraway seeds and some black pepper. Now is a fine time to add your favorite seasoning—whatever that might be.
- Put in a little hot water, about one half cup or less.
- Place the lid on and when it starts steaming turn the fire down to simmer.
- Now is the time to decide how well done it should be. If you like your food well done, give it about 15 minutes. Five to ten minutes might be right.
This food will keep for a week or two in the refrigerator. One thing that I learned from our friends at the U.S. health department is to protect food from the little things that come wafting through the air (molds and germs.) Don’t put it uncovered to cool. The little guys will find a home and it will mold too soon.
Cabbages are Kings
The ancient Chinese marched armies.
Genghis Khan and his gang raided and plundered.
The Germans and Slavic nations did too.
If you would march yourself to happiness,
Eat the cabbage … and grant no quarter,
To fools who,
Eat the lessor stuff.