Did you know that Toenail Fungus Can Kill You? About 10% of American suffer from this disorder. The older you get the higher the risk you are of having Toenail Fungus.
Toenail Fungus Can Get Into Your Blood
When toenail fungus goes untreated it can get into your body and cause many unnoticed problems. Toenail fungus can cause many other diseases, like Cancer, Athletes Foot, and Cellulite.
The outside world meets your inside world under each nail
This sensitive area under each nail is similar to that around each tooth where unwanted critters can enter your blood stream. Here too, is where the fungus lurks.
Fight and Win This Battle on Your Own Grounds
I read about spending thousands of dollars having doctors fight–and not always win this battle. They might drill holes and prescribe much medicine. I solved my problem–and won–for pennies.
Toenail Fungus Should be Fought Every Day
Just because you don’t see it doesn’t mean you don’t have it. Toenail fungus lurks under the toenails and fingernails and awaits a favorable environment to reproduce and DIG IN to the tender spots under your nails.
Toenail Fungus can be picked up in many public and private places
I contracted a case of stubborn toenail fungus 17 years ago, working in a dirty basement (I was working, not the fungi).
I fought the little Devils for many years. Used every tool in the box—short of getting the doctors involved. (The virus wasn’t sick, and I didn’t want massive doses of antibiotics that would impact my whole body. Might affect above my ears too.
I Also Got Ear Fungus From the Same Basement
After much prodding and my stubborn attitude, the kindly ear doctor had me syringe out my ears each day with common old Peroxide. The next visit, he said, “Your ears are as clean as a whistle.” He might have ‘heered” the wind blowing through.
Anyway, to make a short story long, I was left with the toenail invasion. That became a tough job as the darned things found a nice home in my socks, shoes and under my toenails.
Freezing Will Kill the Fungus in Shoes
- The fungus are a plant. I put my shoes in the freezer; good thing I have a separate freezer that my wife stays away from. I had seven pairs of shoes in there at one time. That killed the nasty little devils.
- I washed my socks in hot water (My good wife did that.)
- In cold weather, put my shoes outside–hoping the raccoons and coyotes wouldn’t eat them.
- I got rid of all my shoes that were old and decrepit—out the window.
A Whole New Arena Here With The Tough Under-the-Toenail-Guys
Common Household Bleach was the Answer
Thankfully, after much research. I found a common-sense weapons that was already available. Clorox Bleach advertises that it will kill most fungus, and even most virus.
I remembered that my Daddy had us put normal household bleach on problems like that. We used “Clorox” for cleaning the ‘bathroom’ ( we didn’t have inside plumbing) as well as the chicken coop and other outside areas.
Stubborn Fungus Under the Nails
Now came the arduous task of getting the stuff out from under my toenails—didn’t want to put them in the freezer.
- I made a Foot-bath: One cup of Clorox and one quart of water. Dipped my feet in it morning and evening. This reminded me of the foot-bath in the showers in the old High School locker rooms–and the Marine Corps where something was always coming after me.
- A few months later the problem was greatly diminished. But I still had fungus under my toe nails.
- Bleach and a cotton swab (Q tip) solved that problem.
A Little Bit of Clorox Twice a day Killed Them
- A little Clorox on a cotton swab (Q tip) placed on each toenail twice a day solved the problem.
- This took several years to do the job, but it worked.
You Are Attacking the Enemy From the Tail End
- It is a long fight when you can’t reach the head of the “snake” except to begin from the tail.
- Eventually, with diligence, you will see the front-end of the Damned Critter. It will be a pink ending right where it gets into your blood stream.
- Don’t quit yet. Keep on with the Clorox–maybe forever.
Cleanliness, Fresh Air, and “Clorox,” Made this Happen
|Tags: body, disorders||jerry|