Fermenting Garlic is a great way to increase probiotics and make your garlic last longer. If you are healthy or sick, if you are a marathon runner, football player or weekend athlete; or just locked into a sedentary lifestyle; garlic can be the best friend you have in this world.
Garlic is the food that adds flavor and only does good things to your body, health, and mind.
Eat Garlic for Health and Energy
- Probably the most powerful and useful medicine the world has ever known.
- One of the strongest cancer fighting agents in the natural world.
- Helps cleanse the body of heavy metals. It help your body break down that build up in your system. Heavy metals can’t be avoided; they are even in the fish that we eat.
- Garlic is one of the most detoxifying super-foods that you can eat.
- Garlic can increase woman’s estrogen levels and strengthen their bones.
- Prevention is the most important aspect of a healthy lifestyle.
This recipe uses the same technique as fermenting sauerkraut.
I like to buy 1 1/2 pound bags from Sam’s club. It is peeled and ready to eat.
- Remove any blemishes.
- Place a half teaspoon of salt in the bottom of a quart jar.
- Add a little water and shake to dissolve the salt.
- Fill the jar 3/4 full of garlic.
- Cut a swatch of lightweight cloth about 4 to 5 inches square and place it on top of the garlic.
- place some Saran wrap type plastic on top of the cloth. Be sure to keep all garlic under the cloth and plastic.
- Cut a large piece of the same plastic and drape it into the jar so it acts as a container.
- Now fill the jar almost full with water. Add water onto the plastic. Put a little salt into the top water. The salt will make it about the same consistency as the brine in the jar.
- Put a lid on the jar and set the jar into a pan. This is because it might want to escape.
This jar can be stored anyplace that is not too much above room temperature.
It will need twenty eight days to go through all four stages of fermentation.
You can start eating the fermenting garlic after about 6 days.
Be sure to keep all the garlic under water and it will not mold.
After all is said and done the fermented garlic will keep for at least 6 months in the refrigerator.
|Tags: healthy diet||jerry|