Eat Asparagus for Health Happiness and a Body of Steel! Let’s talk about why you should eat Asparagus and how I prepare mine.
Asparagus Will Help Keep you Trim and Healthy
Treat your mind and body to the many nutrients of asparagus while enjoying the great taste. Asparagus is a delicious medicine that has a delightful texture and aroma too. With today’s marketing wonders we have asparagus year-around.
A few of the Many Benefits of Asparagus
- Asparagus is loaded with vitamins A,C,E,K and B6 and most of all essential vitamins your body needs!
- For a body of steel, you need the trace elements of asparagus: like Iron, copper, calcium, you want in your diet.
- It has been known for centuries as a medicinal plant, Greeks, Roman, Egyptians used this plant.
- This plant is known as one of the most nutritionally balanced foods that keeps you healthy.
- Contains Folate that is necessary for cell production.
- Promotes a healthy heart, liver and nerve health.
- Asparagus promotes healthy eyes, with it’s vitamin A known as ritinal.
Preparation and Cooking of Asparagus for Health Happiness:
- Trim off the tough ends and save for making vegetable broth.
- Trim the next inch, if it is tough, and save for cooking other dishes.
- Wash everything is a solution of vinegar and water (5-1). This will remove the chemicals that are necessary to get produce from far lands to your door.
- I like to use a heavy pan with a tight lid for steaming.
- Be careful as asparagus needs very little cooking.
- Place it into the pan with a half cup, or less, of water.
- Add some good olive oil and, if you like, some salt.
Now Comes The Delicate Part of Cooking Asparagus:
- Place the Asparagus in the pan then turn the burner on high.
- As soon as the steam begins, turn it to medium.
- You want lots of heat for a short time, because we want it to steam.
- Be cautious here because it only takes a couple minutes. Err on the safe side.
- Asparagus does not need cooking, furthermore we are only steaming it a little bit to bring out the flavor and enhance the texture.
- Remove and cool the asparagus before it can become soft.
This Makes a Delicious Finger Food or Snack
Happy and Healthy Eating To You
|Tags: basic foods, nutrients, Trace elements||jerry|